Questions? Clinician@rochesterpainclinic.com TWITTER Account @LIVACUPUNCTURE INSTAGRAM PICS #LIVACUPUNCTURE
Who is a candidate for Acupuncture?
From Children through the Senior population virtually everyone is a candidate; At LIV Acupuncture we assess each person individually for appropriate treatment amount and frequency. Acupuncture and other therapeutic modalities offered at our clinic are proven to be very safe in the hands of a trained professional.
Do the acupuncture needles hurt? What should I expect to feel?
Acupuncture is mostly painless; Sometimes, upon insertion, there is a slight pricking sensation but this is very fast and dissipates immediately. The acupuncture needles are sterile and individually sealed; they are > 5x thinner than hypodermic needles. Acupuncture is generally a very relaxing experience. The needle depth and sensation is unique to each patient: needle sensitivity, physique, the condition being treated…these are all factors assessed before and during treatments. Your treatment is designed to suit your body specifically.
How often do I need to be treated?
Acupuncture’s effectiveness is cumulative. Treatments are seen as a ‘sequence’ or a ‘course’ until the desired benefit is achieved. A sequence of treatment will vary depending on the intensity of the condition being treated (mild, moderate, severe; acute, chronic)
The frequency of treatment is established after considering the therapeutic goal and clinical problem.
For Example Treatment results for Chronic pain will vary from Acute pain; Most often, even when there has been a health issue for 20+ years, by the third-fifth treatment we will note some measurable, positive effects from treatment. At LIV acupuncture we are constantly assessing your response; this is what we mean by ‘results-oriented’, we find and do what works for you.
Before your Acupuncture Treatments
- Before your first treatment, please complete and bring with you all Patient Forms.
- Please eat ‘something’ in the morning/afternoon before your appointment (Light meal)
- Please do not book your acupuncture treatment before exercise (Weights or Cardio)
- Spend some time thinking about what you would like to achieve through treatments.
- Please avoid alcohol on the day of your treatments: Take Meds as prescribed.
- Please bring in a list of your current medications, vitamins, and/or herbal supplements.
- No need to fully undress for treatment; loose clothing is preferred (Gowns provided)
- If you are on a time-constraint please tell the Clinician before your treatment.
- Please be on time such that you may benefit fully from your treatments.
- Please always feel comfortable asking your Clinician anything; voice any concern.